Wichita Public Schools Strategic Plan (PDF Version)
The work of Wichita Public Schools is to empower all students with the 21st century skills and knowledge necessary for success by providing a coherent, rigorous, safe and nurturing, culturally responsive, and inclusive learning community.
· Successful public education is a community partnership.
· Public education is essential for the improvement of society and democracy.
· Everyone has worth and dignity and is treated with respect.
· We profit from diversity.
· Everyone can and will learn.
· It is worth the effort to ensure everyone learns.
· High expectations are essential for success.
· Families provide an essential foundation for learning.
· All families want their children to be successful.
· Learning is a life-long process.
· Everyone is entitled to a safe, supportive and nurturing learning environment.
· Every student is entitled to equitable opportunities, resources and services.
· Belonging is a key to student success.
· Change is inevitable and necessary; our response is intentional.
· The graduation rate will be 100% using an aligned Pre-K–12 system.
· The 21st century skills and knowledge of all students will continually increase as measured by multiple assessments.
· The academic skill and knowledge gap among the student populations will be continually reduced until eliminated as measured by multiple assessments.
· The social skill and knowledge gap among the student populations will be continually reduced as measured by multiple assessments.
· A coherent, rigorous, safe and nurturing, culturally responsive and inclusive learning community will be fostered and sustained.
|Last Updated: 6/22/10|